Anti Theft Device Wipe Safeguard

dgbnz
edited August 2016 in Tools

Hello, I'm currently on a free trial of Total Security 2016 and it's running well so far.

There is one thing bothering me about the anti theft tool. It appears that if, somehow, Bitdefender Central accounts are compromised/hacked, that if someone gains access to a user account then they could wipe all of their devices without any safeguard being present.

This seems like a serious oversight to me. It would make sense for some safeguard to be present, e.g. when you request a device wipe the account owner gets sent an email with a verification token which is required to confirm the wipe command.

I quite like Bitdefender from what I have seen so far but am hesitant to buy a license for our family PCs without some sort of solution to this issue.

Comments

• The AI seems to be very smooth and detecting accurately. I had a couple sites where I thought BD (Bitidefender) was wrong and later to find, it was stopping malware from launching. When it comes to securing personal admin accounts, we must trust everyone is doing their best to secure logins. I may not get your statement but, How do you propose a fix short of changing the power given to the users?

• Hello,

Please ensure the password you use on your Central account is not shared with any other mediums and that you always have a combination of numbers, letters and special characters(!@#$%^&*)

I have also sent your feedback to the proper department, thank you.