Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts 2016 And Windows (10) Network Location

Options

Hi there,

I've noticed that Bitdefender Total Security 2016 seems to cause issues with Windows 10's (latest Anniversary build, but also previous ones as well) ability to correctly identify the network type (Public/Private/Domain) after an OS upgrade - which are now frequent as part of the new SAAS model adopted by Microsoft.

The result is that this resets my network location to Public or Unauthenticated and causes issues with my ability to access network shares or get Group Policy updates on my home Domain. The only resolution I've found thus far seems to be to repair the Bitdefender installation through Add/Remove Programs or if this fails, to uninstall/reinstall completely which clears up the problem after a reboot.

If Bitdefender is disabled/removed all works as it should, but I'd rather not have to rely on the in-built Windows Defender software either so hoping you can offer a better solution or investigate further.

Thanks in advance!