Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update error notifications

Options

I have the 30 day trial version of Total Security 2017. Am thinking of purchasing but I have several issues I need to resolve first. Here's the 1st one, another one or two in other threads:

I have updates set for every 3 hours and most of the time it seems to be working fine, but every once in a while I get the error that Bitdefender could not resolve the update server configured.

I don't know why this is an intermittent problem and what to do about it.

I use a Private Internet Access proxy service, does this have anything to do with it? I switch my IPs throughout the day. Here's a jpg of the error message:

bitdefender update server config.JPG

Tagged:

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The 1002 error means the machine was not connected at the time of the Update triggering or in your case was unable to connect to the proxy server.

If you receive this error try to update the product again, should you be successful there is nothing to worry about as the product will automatically retry until it gets a connection.