Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender free AV blocking 3CX

Options

Hello everyone, I would appreciate if somebody can suggest a fix for the following,

My club has recently installed 3CX, a Microsoft telephone system.

I installed it on a W10 desktop with no problems, and all the functions I have used so far are working well.

The problem is when I install it on a W7 notebook.  If I reboot and then start 3CX, it opens the main panel, and displays my name and extension number.  But the list of extensions and the Q button are not displayed.  If I click the 3CX phone icon, it shows either “on the hook” or “not connected”.  Similarly, if exit 3CX and restart it starts in the same way.  The method to get it going is too close Bitdefender anti-virus, start 3CX, and then start Bitdefender (free edition).

But a few weird aspects to this.  I have the same Bitdefender on the windows 10 desktop, and have had no problems.  Secondly, Bitdefender free does not have a firewall, so something other than the firewall that is doing the damage.  I have checked and the Windows firewall is running on both machines, and Windows firewall usually automatically turns off once you load another firewall.

I believe the problem is a network one (i.e. Bitdefender), not a 3CX problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and have used exactly the same config file as I used for the W10 installation.

Can someone please suggest how to fix this problem?