local network problem

Hi,

Probably a simple question, but I can't find the answer in the help documentation. I'm probably overlooking it. Anyway..

I've installed a test version of Internet Secuirity V10 on my computer that connects to the internet. So far, so good.

There's just one tiny problem: I can't connect to the other PCs in my local network. And the other PCs can't connect to the local drives on the Internet computer as well. However, I am able to connect to the Internet from the other computers...

Is there a way to tell BitDefender that the local network is OK?

Thanks,

Xpoes

Comments

• Hi,

After you installed BD, the Firewall Wizard appeared. You probably selected in that Wizard that you use Direct Connection (Home/Other), right?

If that's the case, BD closed the ports needed for the computers in your network to communicate, because it's safer.

If you really need to connect to the other computers using My Network Places, you have to rerun the Firewall Wizard and, at step 6/7, select Trusted LAN (Office Network). That should open the needed ports.

To rerun Firewall Wizard, open BD Management Console, go to the Firewall section -> Traffic and click on Reconfigure Profile.

I would recommend to use an alternative, like a P2P program instead of My Netwrok Places, cos it's a lot safer.