Tuneup Wizards now CPU Hog

rhuns
edited December 2016 in Tools

Running Total Security 2016 - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.  Renewed subscription a few weeks ago.  Now notice PC performance has deteriorated.  Looking in Task Manager, Tuneup Wizards is consistently 25-30% of CPU all day long.  Although Bitdefender seems like a heavy memory user, the CPU and Tuneup Wizards issue has only been obvious the last week or two.

HP PC is running like a hog now.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello,

Can you please provide me with a screenshot of the application and the usage as well ?

The reason is that the Tuneup tool in Bitdefender goes by the name of OneClick Optimizer and Startup Optimizer.

• Thanks for your reply.  The "Bitdefender Tuneup Wizards" did not appear within the application.  It only showed up in Task Manager, listed among the other Bitdefender processes, complete with the Bitdefender logo.  I had never noticed it before I renewed my subscription via Avangate website, although I'm sure it was just a coincidence.  

I had run OneClick and Startup Optimizers thinking it might find something.  Ran Malwarebytes and found nothing.

I uninstalled Bitdefender completely and the Tuneup Wizards no longer showed in Task Manager (unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of Task Manager before the uninstall) .  

I downloaded Bitdefender again, ran the install, and the Tuneup Wizards process has not shown up again.  My CPU/memory usage is back to normal.

Thanks.