Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Every feature in the app should have details/descriptions available

Options

Everything that is not absolutely obvious (could my mom guess what it does?) should have further help/details/descriptions available.

The two standard options would be:

1) A little question mark icon that pops up additional information about each feature

2) The text itself is a hyperlink. This can take you to information on the web, in a separate help text file, or inside the app.

For example, it would be incredibly easy to link to already available documentation:
http://www.bdantivirus.com/bitdefender/totalsecurity/html/antivirus.vulnerability.monitoring.html

You can see here that absolutely no information is available for what any of these features do, even though those descriptions already exist!

One wouldn't think the user should have to rely on search engines to understand or navigate the app. As far as I can tell, this app is marketed for simplicity, that's why I got it for my parents.

Unfortunately it's also a resource hog on inexpensive or older computers and the only way to solve that is to combat it using granular settings.

Vulnerability.jpg

Comments

• Here are some more options with no details, description, or help available.

Apparently you can ask in the forums, but judging by this result (!) that's probably not the best route. In any case, not something the average user should be expected to do for every feature.

/index.php?/topic/37575-protection-against-fraud/&do=embed">

Unlike "vulnerability" there is no dedicated page explaining "Web Protection" (that I can find) so perhaps some original content would have to be created. I assume there is a tech writer on staff...if not, explain everything to me and I'll do it for free. I'm not being snarky, I'm quite serious and willing to help.

WebProtection.jpg