Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

annoying pop-up

Options
haloo
edited March 2017 in Install & register

Hello, just installed BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015, trial. Don't wonder why an old version, this is what I had at hand locally after preinstalling windows 7; I may upgrade to a newer product of yours some time later. As of now I need a solution. I keep getting this pop-up every 15 mins or so: image.jpg

I'm definitely not planning to upgrade my Internet Explorer, actually - to get rid of it completely.

So how can I turn off this annoying pop-up?

Comments

• haloo
    Options

I will really appreciate if someone from technical support turns in with a solution, this really is getting on my nerves and if it persists I'll surely not endure even a week, not to mention the whole trial till I move to some other brand of antivirus..

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The product uses the IE engine to allow you to connect to your MyBD/Central account.

To get rid of this pop-up you simply need to update your IE.

Many of Windows's applications use the engine for their iframes, regardless if you use the browser or not. Its best to have the latest version as to avoid vulnerabilities in said applications.

• haloo
    Options

That's really disheartening. I was planning to cut away IE along with other junkware components to relieve my system. I've set Chrome as my default browser but BitDefender seems to not bother.

OK, anyway I don't want to connect to an account, isn't there a way to turn it off once and for all?