Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[open]slow Internet, Flickr Upload Stops Working.

Options

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of BitDefender - I am using the trial version on Windows Vista.

I noticed that my intenet speed went quite slow after I installed it. I do not have web traffic monitoring on so not sure why this is being affected.

Second thing I noticed is it is continuosly scanning files even when I am not doing anything. The statistics section under scanned files shows this files being scanned all the time. Is there a way to turn this off?

Second problem I have faced is that the Flickr Uploader tool just won't upload. As soon as I turned off the Anti-Virus real time protection it started working again. I have tried the anti-virus real time protection with every setting. Tried the permissive level as well but the upload tool either doesn't work or uploads at a snail's pace. I have allowed the tool via the firewall. Plus it does work with the scanning turned off. So any ideas on what setting needs to be adjusted?

I really don't want to turn off real time protection - I mean what is the use of having an antui-virus installed if I do. But is this the reason why files are being scanned at all times?

Comments

• if u feel that ur internet speed is slow then u can check ur speed Here

Change ur firewall settings and real-time protection to default i hav BDTS 2009 the speed doesn't decrease much ;)

• Internet speed is fine. Website loading gets slow when I have the real time protection on - it doesn't work at any level default or permissive.

So I have turned it off for now and my Internet speed and Flick upload tool are working fine now.

The only thing that is still giving me problems is Gmail. It was working very fast before BD 2008. But now it takes a minute to load any post. It is excruciatingly slow now.

Any one got any suggestions?

• Internet speed is fine. Website loading gets slow when I have the real time protection on - it doesn't work at any level default or permissive.

So I have turned it off for now and my Internet speed and Flick upload tool are working fine now.

The only thing that is still giving me problems is Gmail. It was working very fast before BD 2008. But now it takes a minute to load any post. It is excruciatingly slow now.

Any one got any suggestions?

Hi,

I also have the same problem..I installed BD 2009 and my gmail has become very slow since then..now it takes close to 1 minute to open my inbox or any mail.

Can anyone please suggest any remedy?

Niraj

• pgt9999
    Options

Here's your remedy - uninstall BD.

• Not a good fix. Are you kidding? I, too, have extremely slow gmail downloading.