No way to turn off?

abricru
edited September 2017 in Protection

So sorry, I am sure this question gets asked a lot, but how can you turn BD off?

There are many times you need to disable security software, especially when troubleshooting. Right now, I am trying to do a test on my  internet connection which requires that no anti-virus programs be running.  There has to be a way to do this, right?

If I try to stop the services it says, "access denied," even though I am administrator. I don't see any option to exit or disable or pause or  suspend or anything?   I hope I'm just overlooking it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• I am wondering this as well.  Having issues with this blocking AutoHotKey.  Need to temporarily disable until I find a solution.  Maybe I should just install it and switch to something else.

• Hi,

I ended up having to uninstall after paying for a year's subscription. Couldn't get any help. Hope you have better luck.

• Correct there is no way to pause or temporarily disable the program via a switch much like several of the other programs out there. If you want that feature I know Kaspersky and Comodo have it. Another option would be to use BD Antivirus and Comodo firewall and that way you would have a proven firewall and anti-virus.

• Does Bitdefender Antivirus allow you to disable it?  Maybe I should have bought that instead since I don't use most of the Internet Security features (I disabled pretty much everything as they seem to slow down internet browsing/boot up).

• Looking at the features of BD Anti-virus a firewall is not included as it is not what one would consider a total security program. That is why I had mentioned getting BD Anti-virus as it is a good anti-virus and then add on Comodo firewall which is a good firewall and it is free. You would then have the option to disable the firewall for a brief time if you need to check for conflicts or issues that the firewall may be affecting.

I have BD TS 2017 installed and I am able to disable the firewall through the admin panel but it doesn't disable the firewall until reboot.

• Hello,

There is no on/off switch. A feature request was made and sent to our devs.

For the time being you can disable each Bitdefender module to stop the protection.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3347/

• Thanks for letting us know Sorin.

• 7 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

There is no on/off switch. A feature request was made and sent to our devs.

For the time being you can disable each Bitdefender module to stop the protection.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3347/

I tried that solution by just turning the firewall to off and it stayed active until reboot, Am I missing something here as by the sounds of the linked how-to it should disable the second I turn it off.

Thanks!!

• Hello,

The service remains active however it becomes inert and doesn't filter any traffic.

I believe you want to completely disable the executable entirely which is not possible.

• See, that's a great way to get people uninstalling. A program that can't be forcibly closed/disabled is bloatware and borderline malware to me.