Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Potientally Incompatible Software.

Options

Those 3 words annoy me to Hel*.

We aren't stupid you know? "Uninstall Malwarebytes" "Uninstall Comodo Firewall" I'm sick of it. I have changed these programs settings so that they are compatible with Bitdefender.

But do I have an option to Install Bitdefender without Uninstalling the Potentially incompatible programs? No, I don't.

And that should be an option, to install Bitdefender without Uninstalling the, once again, Potentially incompatible programs. And from the settings I've placed on these programs, they are 100% compatible with Bitdefender.

Until I have that choice, I will go the logical route and the more secure route. Awesome Firewall, Awesome product I shouldn't mention, and *ing Awesome product I shouldn't mention. All fine tuned to be 100% compatible with each other, and about 20 times more secure than a standalone AV, that seems to for some reason hate a little teamwork.

Comments

• netmon
    Options

Re Malwarebytes: I just installed Bitdefender Total Protection 2018 this week on two computers both with the latest Malwarebytes Premium already installed and running with active protection - one Win10, one WIn7 (both 64-bit). Neither Bitdefender install indicated Malwarebytes was incompatible or prompted me to uninstall it. Post-install Bitdefender and Malwarebytes are both running, apparently without issue. Not sure what is different between our two experiences.

• BeFree
    Options

I forgot to mention, I'm using bitdefender free, the reason I posted this on a paid version of bitdefender is because there was no "install and activation" category under the Bitdefender Free on these forums.

• This is being sent/posted to both Malwrebytes (MB) and Bitdefender (BD).

There has been a lot of chatter about conflict. Some have it some don’t.

I have used MB for years and am into my second year of paid premium.

I have been using BD, not sure, but probably close to 5 years.

I have always been very happy with both, for different and obvious reasons.

2 years ago I purchase an ASUS UX305FA.

I run W 8.1 with ie11.

MB has on occasion, maybe once a month or so, unearthed various intruders that BD obviously was not programed to handle. That is exactly why I run both.

I also use Spybot (SB) periodically as a bit of a cleanup and second opinion.

This threesome approach has served me well, for years, until recently.

For the past few months, maybe since BD 2017 came out, I have had a very erratic PC; webpage freezes, ie stoppages, jittery cursor and other miscellaneous annoyances.

Because I had no prior issues with the above noted threesome, I did not associate the issue with them. I was blaming MS, Adobe ASUS etc.

I recently did a System Refresh and BD immediately and repeatedly punched both MB and SB, preventing them from being reinstalled.

The only installation work around was:

Install and disable MB; install and disable BD; install SB and then turn on MB and BD. They all worked but my PC went nuts, worse than before even; completely unpredictable and unstable.

4 days ago I uninstalled MB and I have had no issues since.

While it is nice to be relatively problem free, I do not like being without MB.

Not only because I paid for it but because it does different tasks from BD and has always served me well.

I should be able to get a drink, a main course and desert without being told "only one.”

You two kids should play nicely together.

I'll be interested to read how you respond and if you can refrain from finger pointing.

BTW…this threesome is working just fine on a W10 PC. Only difference is, MB is the free version.

Maybe I’ll wait a few more days and install the free version on the laptop and see what happens.

• BeFree
    Options

Without Malwarebytes real time protection everything is fine. And that is why you should be able to choose whether or not you want to uninstall the program or not. But Bitdefender does not give you that choice. Unlike many other Antivirus Products I've seen, including some that are completely compatible and don't even ask you to uninstall the other program.