Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Too complicated

Options

Bitdefender 2018 AV Plus is way too complicated. What started as a simple/straight forward application is now a muddled mess. After install, I have a service that won't start, ATC. After about an hour of poking around in the registry I would like to remove 2018 and go back to 2017.  Someone please tell me why Bitdefender AV is now just as junked up as Norton, McAfee and all the other security apps that let feature creep and "can't leave well enough alone" replace simple, clear minded software. I would almost prefer the streamlined free Bitdefender. 

I also would like the ability to download a complete/full copy of software instead of stub installers and 390 meg of download for an Anti-Virus program.

Congratulations Bidefender, it only took you about 4 years to completely ruin a good, affordable application.

Comments

• Can anyone tell me how to setup 2017 AV Plus so that it DOES NOT automatically update itself to 2018 ?  2nd question doesn't the company test this software before it gets sent out to the customer base ? This situation is really very annoying.

• Tmod700
    edited September 2017
    Options

You should have an option on the BD Interface lower left corner second from the bottom, The gear looking icon is Settings then go to Update and disable the updates. Problem with that is then you don't get the new definition files. You could also select 'prompt before downloading' on the 'update processing rules' dropdown box so you would have a choice in what to download and what not to.

I think with darn near any software company we pay to be testers for them, They seem to arrive at a point where they say we only have x percentage of people with issues so let's release it to the masses and then bring in some new revenue and we will fix it as time permits. Also I understand that not everyone has the exact same software on their system and once you install a new program with something that has already been on the system they may not play together very well.

What gets me is not the fact that it has issues but the lack of patches in a timely manner from techs or developers to resolve the issues to the problems. Seems they just work on the next major version so in this case would be TS 2019.

• Just as a test I uninstalled Bitdefender 2018 and installed Bitdefender Free. The same System Event log entry # 7026 appears on every boot of the PC.

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: atc" 

• netmon
    Options

Thanks to your post I checked my system, and have found the same event 7026 error, even although it appears to be working. I posted details over in the Advanced Threat Defense topic.

/index.php?/topic/76646-advanced-threat-defense/&do=embed&comment=275033&embedComment=275033&embedDo=findComment" style="height:251px;max-width:502px;">