Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

atc.sys probably caused Windows bugcheck 0xC5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Options

Is anyone else experiencing Windows BSODs with Bitdefender? This is WIndows 7 64-bit fully patched. I've had two BSODs this week, this is the second one and seems to be more specific to Bitdefender. With the changes I've made to the PC in the last 3 weeks this may not be anything to do with Bitdefender, just that this crash happened in a Bitdefender module. Which is why I'm asking here to see if any others have similar issues.

Output from WhoCrashed crash dump analysis:

On Fri 9/22/2017 5:28:39 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: atc.sys (atc+0x9EC19)

Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800035C3AB9)

Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atc.sys

product: BitDefender® AntiVirus

company: BitDefender S.R.L. Bucharest, ROMANIA

description: BitDefender Active Threat Control Filesystem Minifilter

Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atc.sys (BitDefender Active Threat Control Filesystem Minifilter, BitDefender S.R.L. Bucharest, ROMANIA).

Google query: BitDefender S.R.L. Bucharest, ROMANIA DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the minidumps generated after the BSOD event.