Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to disable smartdb?

Options

Hello,

i noticed that 2018 vsserv is using the folder "System Volume Information" in every drive for the smartdb module.

I absolutely do not want that bitdefender will write anything except for the system drive.

I will not dissert on why this choice to disseminate files on every drive can be a big security hole, i just point out that i expect that an antivirus will protect my system and data and do not act itself as a virus.

I noticed that gui does not have any option to control this behavious in any way and in the bitdefender settings folder there are some json and xml files related to smartdb plugin or cache.

My question is: is it possible to prevent to save anything on my drives, except the system one, by editing any of those files? If the answer is postive, is there a way of editing those files without disrupting the bitdefender security model?

Another question is: in some systems those files appear everywhere, on other almost exactly systems, those files appear only on the system drive, is there any reason behind it, or is it a bug? If not, how can use this behaviour programatically?

Thank you.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Bitdefender monitors the System Volume Information as well.

This is part of the Photon technology embedded into the product and cannot be disabled. Usually generated after a Full System Scan.