Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safe Files makes PC almost useless

Options

This is another addition to the similar topics that Safe Files is topping my applications working properly all over the place.

It Stopped my Nikon programs importing photos with no visible notification- about 2 hours wasted time playing around with file access permissions.

Caused updating maps on my Garmin Sat-Nav again with notification. I switched off Safe Files and then the Garmin program worked perfectly.

I have had similar problems with three other photographic programs being adversely affected.

I did get one notification about MS Word 2013 failing which I think was after an update.

The idea may be good but the implementation is terrible, I am worried that other programs may have been affected with no visible symptoms yet.

I have now switched off this feature

David

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Sorry to hear that this feature gave you this much hassle.

The module blocks applications that are not digitally signed automatically or if they inject/call other executable that is not digitally signed.

You can go to the Safe Files window and add the Applications to the exclusion list.