Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slowing CPU Utilization - Adobe Products

Options

When I render with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe Media Encoder with Total Security 2018 installed, my CPU utilization begins at 100%. After roughly 30 minutes, my CPU slows to 20% and rendering does not complete. If I uninstall Total Security, the issue goes away and CPU is 100% when rendering. I opened a ticket over a month ago and all I've received is a general troubleshooting response. Have not heard back from Bitdefender in over 4 weeks. Is this their typical 'support'? 

In any case, here's what I've tried doing, but it didn't help:  

1. Please add the application to Bitdefender's exclusion list:

A). Exclude the files from being scanned by the Bitdefender Virus engines

Open the main interface of Bitdefender 2018 then click on the menu button from the upper left corner.

Select Protection from the left sidebar, then click on View Features from the right side of the window.

Click on the gear icon under Antivirus, then select the Exclusions tab

Click on the Add button next to List of files and folders excluded from scanning

Click browse, locate the files you wish to exclude, then click on OK

Choose whether to exclude the files from  on-access scanning , on-demand scanning or both, then click on Add.

B). Exclude the process from being monitored by the Advanced Threat Defense module, which relies on identifying malware based on the behavior of the applications:

Open the main interface of Bitdefender 2018 then click on the menu button from the upper left corner.

Select Protection from the left sidebar, then click on View Features from the right side of the window.

Click on the gear icon under Advanced Threat Defense.

Click on “Add applications to the whitelist”

Select the process for the application you wish to exclude (a .exe file normally) then click on OK.

After you follow these steps, please restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

2. Check in Bitdefender Safe File if the program is present in the list of application that tried to change protected files.

Click on Application Access under Safe Files.

If the app is listed, please make sure you set it to Allow, instead of Block.

3. Check if the folder that the application is trying to access isn't present in Bitdefender Safe Files -> Protected.

Click on Protected Folders under Safe Files.

Lastly, if any Adobe program is not included in the application exclusion list, it automatically gets removed from the computer without warning by bitdefender. This has also been frustrating.

Computer specs:

Intel i7-6850K

Asus X99 Deluxe II

EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid

64GB DDR4 3200 Memory 

No overclocking applied