Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Explorer Hidden Files, Window Store stopped working Bitdender 2018

Options
monsenrm
edited October 2017 in Protection

I uninstalled BD-2018 and my PC started working fine again.  I was unable to run Windows Store or to see hidden files in Windows File Explorer even after turning virus protection and every other button i could find off.  I did see a forum somewhere else the showed BD intrusion protection causing the problem.  I could not find any specific setting for that in v2018.

This brings up a wider issue: Bitdefender is now totally out of control.  It has morphed into a constant advertising malware for upgrades and additional features even within the program.  The Bitdefender folks need to re-evaluate their goals.  The current product is so convoluted and filled with various (mostly advertising) options and has such a confusing and non-intuitive user interface, I am seriously re-evaluating whether I will continue using the product.  When a company that is supposed to provide security does so at the expense of stopping me from working and using my computer for normal activities unless I invest a ton of time trying to troubleshoot their security roadblocks, well I think they have officially gone off the rails.

Ron M.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2017
    Options

13 hours ago, monsenrm said:

I uninstalled BD-2018 and my PC started working fine again.  I was unable to run Windows Store or to see hidden files in Windows File Explorer even after turning virus protection and every other button i could find off.  I did see a forum somewhere else the showed BD intrusion protection causing the problem.  I could not find any specific setting for that in v2018.

This brings up a wider issue: Bitdefender is now totally out of control.  It has morphed into a constant advertising malware for upgrades and additional features even within the program.  The Bitdefender folks need to re-evaluate their goals.  The current product is so convoluted and filled with various (mostly advertising) options and has such a confusing and non-intuitive user interface, I am seriously re-evaluating whether I will continue using the product.  When a company that is supposed to provide security does so at the expense of stopping me from working and using my computer for normal activities unless I invest a ton of time trying to troubleshoot their security roadblocks, well I think they have officially gone off the rails.

Ron M.

Hey Monsenrm,

Regarding the "intrusive" adverts, you can toggle these off:

1. Open up the Bitdefender interface

2. On the main screen, on the left side you have a list of icons from top to bottom. Please look for the icon resembling a cogwheel.

3. After clicking on it you will be taken to the General Settings panel. Here you will have a toggle for "Display notifications with special offers".

4. Toggle Display notifications with special offers off.