Kudos to the Bitdefender Support Team

garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

I am a daily visitor to these Forums.  I have been a very satisfied Bitdefender Total Security customer for many years.

I see many posts here, in various BD Forums, criticizing BD Tech Support.  My experience over the years has always been satisfactory.  I just finished with an issue where a computer that I worked on for a client somehow got added to MY Bitdefender Central Account.  I contacted BD Technical Support.  Their responses were timely and they demonstrated a sincere interest in resolving this bizarre issue, which they ultimately did.

It is always important to work with BD Technical Support by providing all requested logs, including the initial BD Support Tool logs.  There is not much that BD Technical Support can do if a customer is unwilling to work with them.

In any event, I just wanted to pass on my newest positive experience with BD Technical Support, and I will single out Sergiu Colgiu for special thanks.  He was always courteous and professional, and he resolved my problem.  Thank you, Sergiu.

As is often the case, it seems that it is only that dissatisfied who post on these Forums.  Those who are happy with the support they received,  just carry on, and forget to say "Thank you", which leads to a situation in the Forums where visitors considering purchasing BD conclude, from the negative posts, that everyone is unhappy.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Happy people don't post, as a general rule.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Hello,

We thank you for the kind words.

I have also forwarded your feedback to Sergiu.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

When I tried to login, after many months of absence, it seemed that BD Forum had written me off. I clicked on support, explained my situation, and didn't get a confirmation that it was received. The next day, same issue. So I tried to create a new account, using the same profile. YEP, couldn't do it. On the third day, to my surprise, I login without a glitch. 

Someone at Support had seen it and fixed it.

So yeah, kudos to the BD Support Team.

• I have been on hold for 20 minutes now waiting for tech support to help me with my issues that I have paid for already. How about some service please

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

9 minutes ago, Todd B said:

I have been on hold for 20 minutes now waiting for tech support to help me with my issues that I have paid for already. How about some service please

Contacting support for immediate action is usually a roll of the dice. I am in Canada, they are overseas. Considering the day, time of day and potential amount of issues support is dealing with, I prefer to open a ticket and wait for a respond. It's never that long.

I had an issue with my VPN, last week. I contacted support, and to my surprise, a chat invitation popped up. My problem was fixed within 20 minutes.

• I finally got support after 45 minutes waiting. No other option was available that I could see other than just waiting. 

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

22 hours ago, Todd B said:

I finally got support after 45 minutes waiting. No other option was available that I could see other than just waiting. 

Considering that Bitdefender has ±500 million users, I'd say, that's pretty good...Don't you?

I've waited on the phone, much longer on hold, with my Internet provider. LOL

• We also appreciate Bitdefender's customer support, they are quick and very skillful. Moreover, our team has analyzed Bitdefender products including AV, IS and TS and published comprehensive review according to our findings based on Industry analyze, comparison with other similar products and customer reviews all over the world. That's why we have given the highest rating to Bitdefender review here

Their support staff was very supportive and helped us with all the queries professionally and that is why we were able to publish Bitdefender review with all possible options covered. 

We have also covered free version of antivirus and we believe Bitdefender free antivirus also provides key features compared to other competitors. 

Though there is always the possibility that we have missed out any feature or added something outdated somewhere, so any suggestions will be welcome in this regard.