Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Root Certificate ruined browsers ability to identify certificates properly.

Options

Hi, I'm using BD free addition, and Firefox. Today BD free randomly asked me to download it's root certificate so I did, and after that I noticed that basically, on every page, firefox keeps telling me that the websites certificate could not be verified, and when I add an exception, the website certificate is now verified by 'Bitdefender'. [Insert slow clap here] is there any way to uninstall this root certificate, or do I need to uninstall bitdefender :D

Comments

• rhardy
    Options

Unfortunately Bitdefender has decided to implement their misguided SSL Scan feature aka Man in the Middle SSL attack in their free offering on by default. They do so without asking for permission or giving any way truly disable it. Fortunately Firefox doesn't allow you to tamper with root certificates without prompting the user or I might not have caught this foolishness.

It is truly sad when a security product starts breaking your PKI without asking. You can cancel the Firefox cert install and manually delete the BD Root from the MS trust store but that will cause more errors because you can't stop the attack without uninstalling. Support offers no way to turn off their "SSL Scan" attack. Their solution was to buy Bitdefender. LMAO!

This is an excellent way to guarantee customers won't buy your products. You don't adopt features from Malware to sell security products.

• BeFree
    Options

On 12/26/2017 at 12:12 PM, rhardy said:

Unfortunately Bitdefender has decided to implement their misguided SSL Scan feature aka Man in the Middle SSL attack in their free offering on by default. They do so without asking for permission or giving any way truly disable it. Fortunately Firefox doesn't allow you to tamper with root certificates without prompting the user or I might not have caught this foolishness.

It is truly sad when a security product starts breaking your PKI without asking. You can cancel the Firefox cert install and manually delete the BD Root from the MS trust store but that will cause more errors because you can't stop the attack without uninstalling. Support offers no way to turn off their "SSL Scan" attack. Their solution was to buy Bitdefender. LMAO!

This is an excellent way to guarantee customers won't buy your products. You don't adopt features from Malware to sell security products.

Thanks, yeah considering that BD doesn't seem to care at all, I've switched back to a different vendor.