Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

atc4.detection IGNORING folders AND extensions exclusions

Options

Hello,

i've come to a *very* annoying situation where due to atc4.detection files are put in Quarantine EVEN after having  excluded the files extensions AND the folders they are in.

Context :

- Python developpement, Nodejs development

- a python installation in d:\dev\python

- a nodejs package installation in c:\users\ME\appdata\Roaming\node

- Bitdefender Internet Security 2018

- windows 10

It seems to me that package managers from each languages , respectively pip for python and npm for node,  triggers an atc4.detection of bitdefender

the result is adding to quarantine ALL the files they download, copy

provoking a HUGE list of files added, ONE by ONE to quarantine for the same reason : atc4.detection

the adding of the files IGNORE :

- the exclusions settings : folders exclusions (d:\dev\python, c:\users\ME\appdata\Roaming\node)

- AND the extensions exclusion settings (py,pyc,js,json)

It seems that BI2018  trip on the extension too : putting in quarantine "inline.cpython-36.pyc"  even if the "pyc" extension is in exclusion list.

Please do something about this because atm it makes me mad and wanting to get rid of BIS2018 to be able to work.

As an improvement in the Quarantine panel : allow the use of shift key to select all or add a button to select all for restauration, CTRL+ clicking is really annoying when there are many files

Thank you

Comments

• stephaner
    edited January 2018
    Options

Worst of all :

after the finished hang up on all the files downloaded the advanced Threadt Protection adds all executables involved (cmd, python, node, conemu,...)  as threat to be DELETED at restart !!!

i'm going to disable Advanced Threat Protection until further notice

Very annoying

on the image the executables listed as blocked in "Activity"

bis2018_bug.png