Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Broken On Bdis 2008

Options

I recently set up a Intel Atom based bare bones system and installed BD Internet Security 2008 onto XP SP3. For some reason it can't seem to detect all programs that need firewall access. For example firefox.exe is detected as generic system host, and even if I manually add firefox.exe to the allowed list it can't get online. Windows file sharing and remote desktop are also blocked, even the BD updater is blocked! Everything goes through the moment I turn off the BD firewall. When I start some programs the add exception pop-up will show up, but not others. I compared the settings with a Vista PC running same version and really can't see anything obvious. Repeated clean installs, resets, didn't help either. I have to leave the firewall off to get online...

Has anyone else encountered this weird problem? Perhaps a freak incompatibility with the CPU/chipset?

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

You can try to set the firewall rules manually :)

• You can try to set the firewall rules manually :)

As I said manual rules don't work either, like for firefox.exe. Besides how do you set manual rules for things like Windows File Sharing? And given that clean reinstall doesn't help either I'm forced to conclude that it's some shortcoming with the program itself.

• Hi,

Did you find any solutions ? I have the same problem.

Mannaia