Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wallet master passwords

Options
ok2016
edited June 2018 in Feature request

Hi

Wallet master password is limited to 32 (if I remember correctly) characters.

It is more then enough for classic random password but it it not enough for passphrase like diceware. Diceware is easier to remember and that is important with master passwords.

Diceware faq

explanation:

Diceware recommends 6 words - with spaces between words, without capital letters. Average word length is just over 4 characters and longest word is 6. It is 25 characters for 6 words which is 31 with spaces for average. But since longest word is 6 that is 36 + 5 spaces for longest combination of 6 words passphrase. So I someone somehow thinks someone used diceware then a lot of combinations could be discarded. And that is for 6 words which is minimum recommended for diceware.

Could you give us more maximum length like 64 or even 128 characters, without any 1 symbol 1 capital 1 number prerequisites. (actually that part is working fine - just don't put it in. One space or one capital letter is needed tought)

Also - could you put some form of 2fa but I am not sure is it actually needed if good password is used. If you use authenticator made it compatibile with Microsoft generator pls!