Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting Rid Of The Trojan Vundo

Options

(This is a repeat of the last reply from a former topic "Is Wsgnagvc.dll A Virus?", I'm making this a new topic so it's easy to find out the conclusion to this Trojan Vundo)

Ok, I have finally killed the virus. It was the Trojan Vundo. It made a total of 9 different .dlls in my System32 foldler. (The very first thing that this virus did was try to add to my registry. That was the first warning sign!) I had to use the program "Unlocker" to delete them. Then I used "Spybot" to clean my drive, along with BitDefender. I also had to make sure to disable those Trojan made files in the msconfig startup. After cleaning and re-booting, vista asked me to re-enter my activation key. Everything is working good now. One good thing about BitDefender is that it keep letting me know and decide about programs wanting to be added to the registry. The bad thing about this virus is that it was masked under the name "Microsoft Operating systems".

My conclusion to this Trojan Vundo is: Use BitDefender, along with Spybot and Unlocker. Don't always allow a file to be added to the registry even if it says it's from "Microsoft".

Thanks to all for your advice and help.

-- Dan

Comments

This discussion has been closed.