Validate Multiple Progs at once

CWBillow
edited August 2018 in Archive

I saw a link about how to add multiple progs to the exceptions.  There were two steps for each prog.  But I am setting up my system from scratch with probably hundreds of programs and then BD 2019.  So does that mean I have to set an exception for each of the *many* progs I am installing?  Isn't there a "batch process" I could use?  Or, since I haven't installed BD yet, will it automatically pick up all installed software as safe when I install it?

Comments

• 1 hour ago, CWBillow said:

I saw a link about how to add multiple progs to the exceptions.  There were two steps for each prog.  But I am setting up my system from scratch with probably hundreds of programs and then BD 2019.  So does that mean I have to set an exception for each of the *many* progs I am installing?  Isn't there a "batch process" I could use?  Or, since I haven't installed BD yet, will it automatically pick up all installed software as safe when I install it?

I haven't had to add many exceptions to my BD IS 2019 installation, the majority of my programs run fine without any special steps taken but I don't have nearly as many as you do. Depending upon the type of software you have installed you may have to add some exceptions, but I'd just wait to see those that require it if you encounter any issues, warnings or unusual behavior. You can then see any warnings in the notification area and take appropriate actions to resolve them as required. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :)

• OK, thanks Bill

• 9 hours ago, CWBillow said:

I think you'll find that BD will automatically categorize your programs, and that as long as you do a clean install, and have setting set as you want them, that it should all go without issue.

I have Total Security 2019 running on my desktop as a clean install, and it's running fine.  :)

This discussion has been closed.