Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Google chrome

Options

I'm completely new to Bitdefender and have just installed Bitdefender2019.

It mostly appears to work (to a not particularly tech-savvy person) but I can't launch Google Chrome.  A few brief internet searches tell me that others experienced this with earlier versions of Bitdefender, but none of the suggested solutions are consistent with the various options I can see in my Bitdefender Security Centre,

From within the firewall section, I have tried to create a new rule and added the path to chrome.exe but while I can now see this on the list of  programs with access granted, nothing has changed.  I still can't launch Chrome.

Any suggestions (in simple speak!)?

Comments

• 58 minutes ago, LizR said:

I'm completely new to Bitdefender and have just installed Bitdefender2019.

It mostly appears to work (to a not particularly tech-savvy person) but I can't launch Google Chrome.  A few brief internet searches tell me that others experienced this with earlier versions of Bitdefender, but none of the suggested solutions are consistent with the various options I can see in my Bitdefender Security Centre,

From within the firewall section, I have tried to create a new rule and added the path to chrome.exe but while I can now see this on the list of  programs with access granted, nothing has changed.  I still can't launch Chrome.

Any suggestions (in simple speak!)?

Hi, Liz. Try first uninstalling Chrome, restarting, and then downloading a fresh version of Chrome.

That might work.

This discussion has been closed.