Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.dropper.sjq

Options

Hi All,

My BitDefender Total Security 2008 Client picked up the following Trojan on my workstation, Trojan.Dropper.SJQ. I was wondering if anybody has any information on this Trojan. I searched the web, but I was unable to locate any information about this Trojan. This Trojan was picked up by my Client (BitDefender Total Security 2008) during a nightly scan. I scan for viruses every night and the file that this Trojan was located has been on my Hard drive for sometime now. Also, I was wondering why my client is picking up this Trojan now. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Could you please tell us the exact location of the trojan, and, in addition, you could attach a sample of it to a new post, compressed, protected with the password infected.

Best regards!

• Could you please tell us the exact location of the trojan, and, in addition, you could attach a sample of it to a new post, compressed, protected with the password infected.

Best regards!

The Trojan.dropper.sjq was located in .EXE file (don't really know what the .EXE file is used for) located on one of my hard drives. The Client (BitDefender Total Security 2008) automatically deleted the file, so therefore, I don't have the .EXE file that contained the supposed "Trojan" (Trojan.dropper.sjq). I think, we could be dealing with a false positive here. I had the .EXE file located on my HD for sometime now, and a roll out of new virus definition, could have set off a false positive. Even though, that .EXE file was located on my HD, I never executed it, so I could be OK, that is my thinking.