Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking Server-Manager/Hyper-V-Manager

Options

Hello there,

I am not sure if this topic belongs here but I try anyway. I ran into an interesting problem when I tried to set up a test environment at my home network.

I'm working from a Win10 client with Bitdefender Total Security 2019. Now here's the problem: I installed Win Server 2016 Hyper-V on some old hardware and set up the remote management properly. My intent was to manage this server remotely with Win Server-Manager and Hyper-V-Manager. However, Hyper-V-Manager can't connect with the server at all. The Server-Manager connects at least partly and pings as well as RDP (remote desktop) work, but nothing else.

Server Manager gives this error: Online-Verify WinRM 3.0 service installed, running, and required firewall ports are open.

Now why I suspect Bitdefender to cause this problem is because after a complete deinstallation (with the windows firewall running instead) everything works fine and both programs fully connect to the server.

I've tried the following configs in Bitdefender:

Setting up a  firewall rule to allow everything from the IP of the server -> No change

Setting up a  firewall rule to allow everything from everywhere -> No change

Deactivation of the firewall -> No change

I have absolutely no clue what else to do and wanted to ask if anyone here has an idea before i look for a different security suite.

Comments

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Please find C:\Program FIles\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\guster\guster_*****_***\sav\sav.dll (where guster_*****_*** is the latest directory, if there is more than 1) and tell us the version of the file by right clicking on it -> properties -> details -> file version.

If the version is older than 1.0.0.559, please right click on the systray icon and click on Update now in order to get the latest version. A version greater than 559 should solve this problem.

Thank you.

• karl
    Options

Thanks for the quick answer.

The version seems not to be a problem since the file is at 1.0.0.566

This discussion has been closed.