Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking files even after all the modules are disabled

Options

I've been trying to edit and replace some .dll files in system 32 (Windows 10) and made an few .exe file to do so, As precaution I've added it to every exception list and disabled every single module of bitdefender but still it blocked 51 of my files and marked .exe file as malware same with others also quarantined very important .dll files with which windows can't work and since antivirus can never have proper permissions it can't restore those files back to System 32 directory it messed my whole system,  Good thing i always make a image backup if things like this happen.

-How come after disabling every single module of bitdefender it was still able to block the files?

-I've uninstalled it for now and did my patching/editing, so what are my options here do i have to stop using Bitdefender or there are some turn around to this.

I'm on Bitdefender Total Security 2019 latest update.

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi,

Please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com with a password protected archive containing a sample of the detected files and a screenshot of any detections you may have noticed so that we can assist.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.