Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2019 Blocking HDHomeRun app!!!

Options

After upgrade to Bitdefender 2019 Total Security HDHomeRun, MS Store app to view cable and cable recordings from SiliconDust Prime Tuner, FAILS with "Unable to play channel -Communication error."

I have tried to find what is being blocked but No success.

Removed Bitdefender and ran Bitdefender clean program, rebooted and HDHomeRun app works just fine.

Please advise!!

Rew

2018-10-05_6-45-18.png

Comments

• SiliconDust has confirmed others are having the same problem and that it has to do with network communications.

Bitdefender, Please get this sorted out; You are definitely get far to sensitive and need to Alert users and let them choose whether to block local network Comms.

Rew

• By the Way, HDHomeRun is a Microsoft approved app and is in the MS Store!!!!

• After not getting any response from this forum and after filling a trouble ticket 48 hours ago and still no response I have removed BTS 2019 and will not reinstall until you get this Beta release fully baked!!!!!!!

I am amazed you released this product, I now find how badly you slowed down my system using Windows Defender it becomes very clear BTS has gotten very OVER ACTIVE without giving user any useful information on whats being  blocked and or scanned.

SAME ON YOU FOLKS FOR RELEASING BTS 2019 This is no more than a BETA Release that should not have been Forced on users.

BTS 2018 was doing just fine but due to your system one cannot use anymore!!!

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi /index.php?/profile/6043-rew452/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6043" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6043-rew452/" rel="">@Rew452,

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

If you'd like to reinstall your product and troubleshoot the reported behavior then please try the steps below:

1. Temporarily disable Encrypted Web Scan:

- open Bitdefender and click on Protection from the side menu

- click on Settings under Online Threat Prevention

- disable Encrypted Web Scan , restart the HDHomeRun app and check if this persists

2. Temporarily disconnect any VPN software that may be in usage and restart the app.

Additionally, please send me a PM with the address that you've used to fill in the ticket you've mentioned.

Have a great day ahead!

This discussion has been closed.