Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web protection in all browsers and all search engines

Options

1. I use 3 different browsers on my PC: Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Firefox is the default browser. Does Bitdefender web protection cover all browsers or only the default one?

2. I see that bitdefender secure search in chrome only with google search engine doesn't work. Why?

3. bitdefender secure search seems not to be available for search engines like duckduckgo and startpage. Is it right? Could you add them?

Thanks

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi @desk7

1. It will cover the 3 browsers you mention. 

2. Please disable Quic Protocol from Chrome to solve this issue:

- open chrome

- in the address bar type:

chrome://flags

- search for experimental quic protocol and disable it.

3. There aren't plans of expanding the functionality of the search advisor to other search engines at this time.  Malicious pages will still be blocked if you try to access from an unsupported search engine (since the other features are supported for your 3 browsers). 

• On 10/12/2018 at 11:27 AM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi @desk7

1. It will cover the 3 browsers you mention. 

2. Please disable Quic Protocol from Chrome to solve this issue:

- open chrome

- in the address bar type:

chrome://flags

- search for experimental quic protocol and disable it.

3. There aren't plans of expanding the functionality of the search advisor to other search engines at this time.  Malicious pages will still be blocked if you try to access from an unsupported search engine (since the other features are supported for your 3 browsers). 

Thanks for your answer. Issue n.2 is now solved.

This discussion has been closed.