Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Encrypted Webscan is blocking content on good site

Options

Installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 on client computer.  Prior to install they had no issue accessing their medical records site.  After install bitdefender they are no longer able to upload a scan to the site.  After uninstalling the software the uploads worked again.  We reinstalled the software and the uploads broke again.  After some troubleshooting we found that the Encrypted Webscan option was the root of the problem.  Disabling that allows it to work just fine.  The site is a https site.  I have added it to the exclusions but that does not seem to help.  Right now we have the Encrypted Webscan turned off but then the software alerts report and issue because that is not turned on.  It seems from reading the forums here that the encrypted webscan is causing some issues.  Is there currently any fix being worked on for this?  Thank you.

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi Brian, 

There's a likely a URL different from the main domain that is being blocked in the background. 

Can you send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that we can investigate this issue?

Thanks!

• Hi Sergiu, same problem here, after the latest build update that i did yesterday, Bitdefender IS 2019 blocks most https sites. I mean legit sites, even bitdefender website. The only solution that works is disabling tbe Encrypted Webscan. Prior to yesterday update, everything was fine. Please advise.

Thank you.

• I hope Bitdefender is looking into this problem... so far all i've seen from support is "try to reinstall"... I've had to disable Encrypted Web Scan for the time being... if this doesn't get resolved soon I will be forced to change products.

• True marstrax. Reinstalling could be a particular solution for a particular user. It's not practical for 20+ workstations using Bitdefender. Waiting for a fix.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

On 11/2/2018 at 4:43 AM, marstrax said:

I hope Bitdefender is looking into this problem... so far all i've seen from support is "try to reinstall"... I've had to disable Encrypted Web Scan for the time being... if this doesn't get resolved soon I will be forced to change products.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:07 AM, Bogdan76 said:

True marstrax. Reinstalling could be a particular solution for a particular user. It's not practical for 20+ workstations using Bitdefender. Waiting for a fix.

Depending on the browser, please follow these steps:

For Firefox:

- open Firefox

- press on the menu button in the upper right that looks like three bars one under another

- go to Options

- go to Privacy & Security

- press on View certificates

- go to Authorities

- delete any Bitdefender entries in the list

- press on Import

- navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache

- select fake-ca.crt and press on Open

- check all the boxes you are prompted with

- press on next until the certificate is installed

- in the same certificate window, click on the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate, then on Edit Trust

- check the box "This certificate can identify web sites"

Restart Firefox/ PC

For other browsers:

- close browsers/email clients

- press Windows start button and type certmgr.msc, then press Enter

- select Trusted Root Certificates > Certificates

- right click on Certificates and choose All Tasks > Import

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

- select "Place all certificates in the following store" and Trusted Root Certification Authorities" should be selected under Certificate Store.

- websites should now load OK.

If you have a Firefox master password please disable it while following any of the above sets of steps. You can re-enable it afterwards. 

This discussion has been closed.