Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Excluded file still triggers detection

Options

Today I was informed by Bitdefender one of my files were infected with Gen:Variant.Johnnie.145566 which I'm pretty sure is a false positive. I've already submitted it as such to your labs.

While waiting I've added it to the list of exceptions but still when scanning this file, it's detected as infected. That shouldn't happen should it when I've added it to the exceptions list?

Here's a couple of screenshots showing this situation:

899520369_Excludedfromallscanning.thumb.JPG.88a1415db33cf1146d59eee3b3ab3f09.JPG

413064934_Falsepositive.thumb.JPG.314ea24c52ab2db0eaefb85c0a6a27dd.JPG

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

The detection has been removed. 

Regarding the exclusions, they work a bit counter-intuitively, but shouldn't have caused any problems:

- running the file should be allowed, if you added it to exclusions

- a system scan wouldn't detect it

- a contextual scan on the file, or the folder of its location (right click on the file or folder and choose Bitdefender > scan) would still return a detection, and you'd have  a choice of taking action or not. 

• Cool, thanks!

Since posting this, the tool (.exe file) in question has also been updated where the developer who I discussed this with has done some changes to decrease the chances to set off false alarms. Tried out the latest version yesterday and it didn't trigger Bitdefender.

So it all seems good right now :-)

This discussion has been closed.