Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Anti-tracker blocks autocomplete for some web sites

Options

It seems the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension was automatically added to all my browsers with the latest update to Bitdefender Total Security. I'm not sure I would have noticed except that autocomplete stopped working for some of my critical business applications including Google Docs and Google Calendar. 

The issue: My employer uses Enterprise G Suite, and after the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension was added, Google Calendar guest autocomplete and Google Docs user tagging in comments both stopped working in Chrome. Autocomplete was not blocked for Gmail, so I'm not sure what determines when autocomplete is allowed. There was no issue with Firefox because it did not enable the new extension by default.

The solution: While on the web page that has the issue (Google Calendar in my case), open the Anti-tracker and go to settings. Under exceptions, click "Add current website to the list." Depending on the web application, this may or may not work. In the case of Google Calendar, it added apis.google.com which did not fix my problem. I tried adding google.com, but evidently the subdomain is required. So to fix my issues I had to add "calendar.google.com" and "docs.google.com."

It took me about 3 hours to troubleshoot this issue – 2 hours to determine that the new Bitdefender extension was the culprit and another hour to figure out how to resolve it. It's a simple solution, so I thought I'd share it and hopefully save some others from the same pain I experienced.

I'm sure I will come across more sites where MY use of the web application is impaired by this, but now I know how to quickly fix it. :-)