Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Over 12 hours for Scan

Options

Hi, My Bitdefender Total Security is taking way too long to scan the C Drive. As of typing, it's now surpassed 12 hours and is only 49%. This doesn't seem normal. Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and Zamana, all take about an hour.

Also, is there any way of exporting the Firewall Rules? I have asked for this feature for 6 years, but at present I cannot see any way to do this. We have Children, and we block a lot of access to programs as well as using the Parental Controls, but I want a way just to export the rules and import them when Bitdefender is installed or reinstalled.

Thanks. 

2019-06-28_09-03-50.png

Comments

• Reaper
    Options

Still going, now 24 hours. 

• Reaper
    edited June 2019
    Options

37 Hours total. That kind of  s u c k s. Bitdefender just seems so bloaty and slow these days. With support people not bothering to answer posts.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/index.php?/profile/214362-reaper/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/214362-reaper/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214362" rel="">@Reaper

I am a long-time BDTS user and I don't have any issues with the scan speeds on my two computers.  Full system scan speeds are very dependent on the capabilities of the computer in question.  Both of my computers have i7 processors and sufficient RAM.  My desktop has an SSD (16 GB RAM) and it will scan 130 GB of programs and data on my computer in about 45 minutes.  In contrast, I have a slower Dell laptop, still i7, but with only 8 GB RAM and 1.6 GHz clock speed.  It has about 60 GB of programs and data and that takes about 2 hours for a full system scan.

I did once have a client's notebook here, with a pitiful Pentium processor, 2 GB of RAM, trying to run Windows 10 Home.  The full system scan on that computer took almost 48 hours.

Over the years, I have run multiple versions of BDTS and I have not noticed any recent degradation of scan times.  This is just my experience; others may have different results.  Overall, I am very satisfied with the performance of BDTS.

Just my two cents.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Roxana G
    Options

On 6/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, Reaper said:

Hi, My Bitdefender Total Security is taking way too long to scan the C Drive. As of typing, it's now surpassed 12 hours and is only 49%. This doesn't seem normal. Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and Zamana, all take about an hour.

Also, is there any way of exporting the Firewall Rules? I have asked for this feature for 6 years, but at present I cannot see any way to do this. We have Children, and we block a lot of access to programs as well as using the Parental Controls, but I want a way just to export the rules and import them when Bitdefender is installed or reinstalled.

Thanks. 

2019-06-28_09-03-50.png

Hi,

Please let us know how your PC configuration. We would also like to mention that the default scan priority was changed to low priority and for this reason the Full Scan might take longer.

You may try before a Full System Scan a Custom Scan on your partitions and after try a Full Scan.

Regarding your request to export the Firewall rules, we would like to inform that we do not have any plans at this moment to add this option. If you want to restrict the access, we recommend you Parental Control.

Let us know how it went.

• Hoke88
    Options

Under scan settings you can change scan priority from low to high. 

• joedit
    Options

I, too cannot complete a scan.

I find it odd that all of you say it stops around 45%  I have been trying to do a full scan  for a while.  The last time it took 37 hours to complete on a drive 2/3 full @ 330GBs.      WIn10x64 16Gbs,  I have plenty of horsepower.

Then  I tried to use the'Emergency Disk' I downloaded the bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso from http://download.bitdefender.com (12-Dec-2018 13:57) . I installed it onto a flash drive and built a bootable CD. They both booted and went past the Bitdefender Wolf head logo and then left me at a Linux command prompt. Username livecd /no password  allowed me in, but was unable to run startx.The XWindows system was not properly linked.   The system, rather the ISO is not constructed correctly and I was unable to run any scan.

I have used BD for 20 years(?), and the more bells and whistles they add on to their product kill its usefulness. At every turn your company is failing. Look at all the bloody programs that are running on a newly booted system, and a  handful of Services.

image.png.1d978720a5c529e7bf0c666fff8f8a8a.png

• Roxana G
    Options

On 7/23/2019 at 7:17 PM, joedit said:

I, too cannot complete a scan.

I find it odd that all of you say it stops around 45%  I have been trying to do a full scan  for a while.  The last time it took 37 hours to complete on a drive 2/3 full @ 330GBs.      WIn10x64 16Gbs,  I have plenty of horsepower.

Then  I tried to use the'Emergency Disk' I downloaded the bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso from http://download.bitdefender.com (12-Dec-2018 13:57) . I installed it onto a flash drive and built a bootable CD. They both booted and went past the Bitdefender Wolf head logo and then left me at a Linux command prompt. Username livecd /no password  allowed me in, but was unable to run startx.The XWindows system was not properly linked.   The system, rather the ISO is not constructed correctly and I was unable to run any scan.

I have used BD for 20 years(?), and the more bells and whistles they add on to their product kill its usefulness. At every turn your company is failing. Look at all the bloody programs that are running on a newly booted system, and a  handful of Services.

image.png.1d978720a5c529e7bf0c666fff8f8a8a.png

Hello,

Does the scan hang at a particular file? As for the Bitdefender services from Task Manager, it is normal to see them, each service belongs to a certain Bitdefender module.

This discussion has been closed.