Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

help on rescue cd

Options

hi, need help on how to use rescue cd, i am a beginner when it comes to this stuff. My comp crashed and i need step by step advice how to scan my infected files and save my old ones that hopefully are still on my comp, thanks. I followed the cd instructions but that makes no sense to me, please help

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi hockeyguy

First you have to put in the installation disc of BitDefender or the rescue cd-rom you burned and reboot your pc. You must be sure that the boot sequence is cd-rom,hard disc otherwise the cd-rom will not boot. When you see a screen with LinuxDefender on press on enter.Double click on install NTFS Write Drivers. Press first on BitDefender remote admin and then on update now After that rightclick on the folder you want to scan and choose send to , BitDefender scanner you can also press on configure antivirus. If the scan is finished you have to do this rightclick on the partition icons and choose for unmount and exit.

For your crash problem you can try this press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen and choose for load lastworking configuration. If that fails do the same but select safe mode. Log into your account put in the windows installation disc and go to start,run,at the run dialog box type cmd press enter after that type sfc /scannow and press onter. Now windows will look after corrupt or missing windows files and fix them. If you installed new software you can remove it in safe mode. Ddi you change anything on your computer before that crash? Was there a message displayed?

Regards

Niels