Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Clamwin False Positive

Options

Clamwin portable, on my flash drive has been detected as malware

It is a trusted, opensource and free antivirus and i scanned it on another computer with a different antivirus.

false positive

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited September 2008
    Options

As far as I see current builds of ClamWin are not detected. Could you please upload the detected file? (Or at least provide a detection name)

Update: Never-mind. I found the detection. I believe you're talking about Generic.Malware.G!g.6A76794B. I wasn't looking at the portable builds(which are not actually official). Detection will be removed first thing in the morning.

Update: Well it's not first thing in the morning but it should be removed in a couple of hours.

• As far as I see current builds of ClamWin are not detected. Could you please upload the detected file? (Or at least provide a detection name)

Update: Never-mind. I found the detection. I believe you're talking about Generic.Malware.G!g.6A76794B. I wasn't looking at the portable builds(which are not actually official). Detection will be removed first thing in the morning.

Update: Well it's not first thing in the morning but it should be removed in a couple of hours.

thanks alot. I actually dont use the official one, i use the portable version, which was detected. But thanks alot