Can I remove 'Exceptions' added to Web Protection prior to the Bitdefender call blocking fix?

SparkyBob
SparkyBob
edited February 2022 in General Topics

I'm a 'Newbie' here:

When I subscribed to Bitdefender a few months ago, I found that my 'FaceTime' and 'WhatsApp' calls would then not connect on my household iPhones and iPad. I added exceptions for both of these Apps, using my MacBook Pro on Bitdefender Centra, which did not helpl.

Recently Bitdefender provided an update to fix the above call problems which eliminated the call issues. However, I've still got 'Exceptions' listed for the above Apps on Bitdefender Central Web Protection.Can I remove the 'Exceptions' without causing call failures again?

My question is therefore: Can I delete the 'exceptions' I added without any adverse effects to connecting my calls?

Answers

• Hello @SparkyBob ,

Since bitdefender team acknowledged the fix for the issue and released the update for it, definitely you can try removing the exception from Bitdefender Central.

In worse case, if you find the issue back after removing the exception, you can add those to exception again and report it back to Bitdefender team at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If you find my response helpful, please mark it as accepted / agree

• I have taken the suggested 'suck it and see' approach and simply deleting the 'exceptions' I had originally added ( incidentally they were listed under Protection 'Antivirus' on Bitdefender Central, not Web Protection).

Pleased to say that my FaceTime and WhatsApp calls are still working fine

Thanks..