Linksys Velop AX5300 + Bitdefender BOX | Speed Test

deiter
deiter
edited January 2022 in General Topics

Posting for reference

I recently upgraded my Internet service to AT&T's INTERNET 1000 (940Mbps). I also invested in a new mesh router, the Linksys - MX10 Velop AX5300. I was concerned that the Bitdefender BOX was going to slow things down, so I ran some tests.

First, I set up the Linksys Velop AX5300 router up with a direct connection to the AT&T Router (Pace 5268AC) and ran three M-lab speed tests. I only had one Linksys Velop AX5300 router node turned on during the test and my laptop was connected over WiFi at a distance of ~8 feet.

Next, I put the Velop AX5300 into bridge mode, connected the Bitdefender BOX to the AT&T router and the Velop AX5300 to the Bitdefender BOX's LAN port and ran the tests again. Finally, I repeated the entire process for a total of 12 tests, 6 with the Linksys Velop AX5300 in Automatic DHCP mode only (no Bitdefender BOX) and 6 with the Linksys Velop AX5300 in bridge mode and the Bitdefender BOX sitting between it and the AT&T router.

I was surprised to see better speeds with the Bitdefender BOX in place. The upload speed was particularly better.