Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking files even after all the modules are disabled

Options
henryvoll
henryvoll
edited October 2020 in General talk

I was searching the web and found an old post with this title, but it was closed and archived.

Well, I am having this very problem

Bitdefender Total Security

Very happy with it, but it has some quirks. For instance, it absolutely HATES trainer files for games. Files I notice things like ESET has no problem with it, but still - I like Bitdefender better so I have stuck with them. It has been easy enough to just disable all the modules while I play the game, but now - it won't even let me do that.

I turn off all the modules, and still it blocks the file from running. Funny thing is - it tells me disinfection is on going, but nothing happens, and nothing is logged. Just a little window that tells me it is disinfecting something, and then nothing.

In that other post I saw that the poster was asked to send in the file in a password-protected archive, which is all well and good, but that should not be necessary.

Why is Bitdefender blocking anything at all with every module turned off?

I should be able to run specific malware files, if I so inclined (which I don't) as long as every module is turned off.

Also, I already have the folder on the list of exceptions. In addition I added the specific file to the exceptions as well.

Still this happens. If I open windows explorer and right click the actual file, and do scan - I get clean result, and it says it scanned 0 files. I assume because it is on the list of exceptions.