Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parallels for Mac Win10 application can't connect to sql server on network

Options

I have a Windows PC running SQLExpress 2012 under Win10. I also have an iMac running Catalina and a Win10 virtual machine running under Parallels Desktop 16. A windows app on the VM needs to connect to a SQL database on the PC. I have installed Bitdefender for OSX on the iMac.

I created the necessary rules, and the PC appears to be set up correctly with Bitdefender firewall. If the Windows Defender Firewall and the OSX firewall are enabled, the app on my iMac can connect to the DB.

But if I install Bitdefender on the VM, the app cannot connect to the DB. I tried creating a rule allowing all apps through the Bitdefender firewall on all protocols and ports, and another allowing the specific app through the firewall on all protocols and ports. But that does not solve the problem. The problem goes away if I uninstall Bitdefender on the VM.

Any suggestions about how to fix this?