Encryption Alternatives

Tim2323
Tim2323
edited January 2022 in Archive

Hello all,

I originally bought Bitdefender total security because I wanted to use File Vault, but now I find that it has disappeared.

I understand that they have chosen to discontinue it since they seem to think that all files are stored in the cloud. Perhaps they don't use local storage at all, but I think most customers have laptops or desktops with hard drives that contain data. They are happy to offer "ransomware protection" but not encryption which seems inconsistent to me, but they have made their decision.

I have Windows 10 Home edition, but that does not include Bitlocker, and Microsoft want £199 to upgrade this to Windows 10 Pro which is a lot considering that it is only the encryption that I want.

I still want to encrypt my data, in particular portable USBs that are easily lost, and the main hard drive on my laptop. can anyone suggest a good, affordable encryption software, or better still a good overall internet security package (as an alternative to Bitdefender) that includes encryption?

Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Hello Tim,

You can use veracrypt which is one good alternative of bitdefender and bitlocker vault.

Thanks