Just installed Total Security and have a few questions

Gracie
Gracie
edited February 2022 in General Topics

In the vulnerability scan it keeps telling me I’m using Firefox V 66. I’m not. I’m using the CURRENT version, which is 84.? HOW do I make Bitdefender stop whining? 

Safepay – what EXACTLY is it going to do? I turned it on, gave it paypal as a site, went there played with things, saw absolutely NOTHING different than any other time. So when WOULD I see something different, and what would it be?

VPN – it has one, with a 200 MB/day limit – how do I know when it hits the limit? Does it hang? Quit? And when I’ve turned it on, and FORGOTTEN I’ve turned it on, how, when sitting in a browser do I KNOW it’s on and chewing up my minuscule allotment of daily bandwidth?

Answers

• Gracie
    Gracie
    edited January 2021

Bad questions? Already answered? Really dead in here? Anybody?

On top of the question from a couple days ago, we're now finding that SafePay and/or the Bitdefender VPN interfere with Dashlane functioning normally...

• Sorry Gracie this forum is almost worthless. Bitdefender staff don't repsond here any longer and the "expert community" is usually not much help.

I too get notifications that either Windows 10 or Firefox are out of date when they are really not. I don't know if there is a solution other than to just ignore the notifications. Mark them as read and delete them.

I don't use SafePay or the VPN so can't help you there.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Hello Gracie.

about "Safepay" please see it will be interesting and useful - https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2051/

VPN - limit 200 mb. per day, this is really not enough, but if you make one-time transactions for a secure visit to the Internet bank, then it is quite enough. For unlimited use of the VPN service, you must additionally purchase a premium subscription. In the main VPN connection window, at the very bottom, you will see the consumption and the rest of the traffic that is provided to you for that day (according to the reached limit, you will simply be disconnected from the VPN provider), only the next day you can use this service again.

For disabling different notifications, see this post - https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/83856/disable-all-bitdefendr-notifications-this-is-for-those-who-do-not-need-notifications#latest

I can't tell you about "Dashlane"

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

There are some complaints about Safepay, if I connect via WiFi it is not possible to work, it just infuriates, when connected via a wire, it works flawlessly (probably a combination of slow WiFi and clumsy VPN)

• Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the SafePay info, but it's troubling that Bitdefender doesn't see worth in maintaining a healthy forum for interchange and support. It's getting REALLY difficult to justify paying for ANY of these software packages given the poor support and lack of REALLY SIGNIFICANT capability lacking in built-in software like Windows Defender.

Especially with Safepay being essentially useless and the VPN being almost as useless.

I suspect unless I can find SOMETHING to really justify the cost of Bitdefender we'll be canceling in short order.

thanks again.

• I can get get access through SAFEPAY on one computer but not the other my wife uses. WHY????

• I am attempting to access the same accounts on both of the computers. Why the difference?

• Well, it appears you weren't kidding about this place being dead... At this point, Bitdefender Total whatever is worth about half of what we paid for it - $20.