Profiles in Bitdefender (Home consumers)

Hi! I noticed the only problem I constantly have with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is Profiles. The UI/UX around profiles is often frustrating. I sent a few comments using embedded contact forms about my troubles throughout the months/years, but it seems to simply break from time to time.

Examples:

• Icon for a given profile will get stuck on the dashboard while the settings hidden in the menus will display all the toggles to OFF;
  • A profile that won't actually stay enabled;
  • Automatic Profile Enabling (sorry, I forgot the wording) that will trigger a profile by mistake (because a software [GOG Galaxy 2.0] uses python, Bitdefender thinks it should enable the "Work Profile") without giving us the ability to flag the "false positive"

I use Profiles mostly to optimize my system while gaming, but I have to say that the way they work right now makes me reconsider the entire Bitdefender suite. That being said, it seems that very few companies have a good product for gamers (I'm currently trying a different one and it actually break games. 🤣)

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.