Autorenewal

zebman_00
zebman_00
edited January 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

Anyone else pissed how their subscription was autorenewed at a higher price with credit card info saved. Previously I manually purchased each year at a discount price. Guess I will have to drop this company and discourage others. Really stupid business decision. Do many other companies. Was starting to like the program.

Comments

• I have never been happy with Bitdefender renewal process. I do not trust auto-renewal for the very reason you have mentioned, so manually renew every time. However, Bitdefender make it incredibly difficult to find the link to switch from the default autorenew to manual. When you do switch, they then present you with a message that prompts you to click a button which appears to be confirming your decision, but switches you back to autorenew. Talk about TOXIC practice!! This year I received a notification to renew early for a reduced price, so decided to take advantage, as experience has shown that this seems to be the cheapest way to renew. So, I paid up and my control panel currently says I have over a year left on my subscription. However, I have been receiving weekly emails from Bitdefender telling me my subscription has expired and I need to pay £70 to renew. WTF is going on?? Next year I will be changing to another AV. I am amazed that more people aren't complaining about this. It's shocking that an antivirus company uses practices that are more in line with the scammers they are supposed to be protecting us from. TBH it makes me question their integrity.