Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection Development

Options

I recently started using Digital Identity Protection, and I was kinda expecting more than a highlight that I exist on Facebook or Instagram. It offers a visualisation of your digital footprint, but a simple Google search reveals more about your digital footprint than I found using Digital Identity Protection.

When verifying information, the tooltip asks "has this EVER belonged to you and do you have access?", but there is no option for only one of these things to be true. So there is information such as an old phone number that I no longer have access to, but did once belong to me. Because I don't have that number any more, I can't verify this information, and I can't find out where this came from. An option to select that this is information, but not current information would be amazing, because then I can check the affected site to ensure that it's not leaking my data - currently I can't see where the detection is coming from.

I like that you can look for breach detections, but I'd love it if this could be expanded to include other ways people may log in or have their identity stolen, such as monitoring for credit card numbers or phone numbers in similar ways, and in terms of scalability, if more emails/phone numbers etc could be added (even if upgrades to capacity came at cost), that would serve a lot more people.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated