Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adware Mywebsearch

Options
Di0g0
edited October 2008 in Sample submission

I have a antispy program, the antispy program detect a adware mywebsearch. The bitdefender virus list have this adware but bitdefender 2009 can't detect this adware in the scan!

WARNING: THE FILE NOT HAVE A PASSWORD!

VIRUSTOTAL ANALISES: http://www.virustotal.com/pt/analisis/8739...c6fafa2c611d55e

Hello

The adware it was in this folder: C://documents and settings/Di0g0/Local definitions/temp/.

But without more nor less the virus it disappeared. The folder is disappeared.

The virus still it will be in my pc?????

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3386" data-fileid="3386" rel="">MySearchVirus_no_detect_by_bitdefender.rar

Comments

• try running a full scan, or a deep scan if you are confident that the virus is no longer in your pc

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Some antivirus companies detect it like an adaware, some don't.

The file will be analyzed by a VR.

• Di0g0
    edited October 2008
    Options

But this adware exist in the virus enciclopedia of bitdefender. It's a problem of bitdefender 2009 or a new variant......

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited October 2008
    Options

Dear sir. Older versions of MyWebSearch were close to Adware and were cataloged and detected as such.

Newer versions have been changed and are no longer considered Adware. They are installed only on user request or in a bundle with other software and only show ads in a dedicated space inside the toolbar or as stated to the user.

Detection for these newer versions has been removed as per developer request.

Please also note that older versions take data from the MyWebSearch website and they no longer instruct the application to have any Adware like behavior.

Some descriptions have not been eliminated from the Encyclopedia. I will check them out soon.

Thank you.