Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

That Guy Was Right

Options

I uninstalled a registered copy of Bit Defender Total 2009, and i was planning to reinstall it, (and i did). After uninstalling it there was a dramatic increase in computer speed, and my old xp was so much faster, although start up time remained sort of the same. I have reinstalled Bit defender because it is the best Anti Virus, but i think that we would all be happier with an even faster computer.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello VirusPING,

Each antivirus or security suite slow down your computer but that depends also on what settings you have configured. The safest settings also have the most impact. You can't compare an entire suite with just an antivirus.

BitDefender performs a pre-boot scan so that could be the cause of slow boot process. You are able to not perform it but I wouldn't recommend that. The only way to reduce the system impact is to change the scan settings of BitDefender on-access scanner. To let it only scan executable files please do this start BitDefender switch to advanced view, go to the antivirus section, high light the shield tab press on custom level uncheck scan packed files,scan archives press on + scan accessed files now select scan program files only. You can check option so that BitDefender realtime protection will do not scan files greater than x (an amount that you can fill in) Kb. Don't forget to press on ok to save the settings.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited October 2008
    Options

LOL !

Virusping ,install BD 2008 ,if BD 2009 seems slow on your computer.

• Theoracle117
    edited October 2008
    Options

Well, i am fine with my current computer speed. But i was surprised how fast my computer went after unistalling it. It went from normal to super fast.

It is my opinion, but Bit Defender got many good reviews, and comes with a registry cleaner and a defragger. I am very satisfied with bitdefender.

• gohzilla1219
    edited October 2008
    Options

hello, i agreed your opinion that bitdefender add in the defragment and registry cleaner function is useless so i always use the bitdefender internet securities , in your opinion what is the best detection rate antivirus ? as i know kaspersky is doing very well in response when reporting new malware to analyze(normally they take two hours to response to analyze suspected files) , but bitdefender also do a good job(normally take 1 to 2 days) and also they have online chat.

:rolleyes:

• Niels
    Options

Hello VirusPING,

If you want to have less impact than it was better that you only bought the antivirus and used a layered approach (separate firewall and if you need a back-up anti-malware scanner). You can always perform what I suggested.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Thanks for the help guys, but again its fine. I use my computer for work, and other things so i don't really need a fast computer. I do find the registry cleaner and the defragger helpful, because it did help me speed up my computer. Win Defrag doesn't really do anything :P