Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Interesting Fact

Options

After looking at some threatexpert reports, it made me want to do a "survey".

I decided to do a little report about virus origins.

Please read: the data was collected from various sights, and i am sorry if you find anything offensive. If you do, i apologize

turns out that over 50% of viruses originated from Parts of Asia, Mostly Russia and China. The viruses that originated from China, are there to steal private infomation, usually credit card numbers, serial numbers and other private infomation.

Comparing it to the Viruses made in the USA, Most of the viruses made here by hackers are here to just plainly DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER for the FUN OF IT.

Interesting isn't it?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options
    Comparing it to the Viruses made in the USA, Most of the viruses made here by hackers are here to just plainly DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER for the FUN OF IT.

Have you seen Hackers? :P (yeah, I know, it's old... )

As for the "50%" part, I knew that the Russians are very good at programming (I have no idea about the Chinese though). And since Russia is a very big country (China is smaller, but has the largest population), it only seems logical that IT threats emerge from those territories.

I didn't knew these statistics (I was never quite interested in statistics :rolleyes: ), but they don't surprise me.

As VirusPING said, no offense is intended to anyone.

Cris.