VB:Trojan.valyria.957 in Access 2010 files

Just installed Bitdefender. Had Malwarebytes and AVG solutions previously. Finding my large Access 2010 databases with vba code gets detected as a threat immediately after I compact the file and is then quarantined. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and I have performed multiple system scans all showing no infections. I suspect this is a false positive, but how can I inspect the code to see if Valyria has inserted code into my vba modules?

Due to the proprietary nature of the files, I cannot just send it for false positive review. If I have to restore a file everytime it takes a new name, that is a major hassle. How do I verify a Valyria infection?

Comments

• No response from Bitdefender after 4 months? I wonder why no other anti-virus app detects valyria.957, including Microsoft Defender, Safety Scanner and Malwarebytes? Does anyone know of any safe software that can remove the offending trojan?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Well since the detection is created by malware research team in order to get it recheck for false positive you will have to share the file with them. There no other workaround.

If you want that bitdefender should neglect the file detection, the best way is to set the file as exclusion.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)