Bitdefender Keeps Resetting My Power And Sleep Screen Timeout To 15 Minutes. Any Help?

BlueWinterDragon
edited February 2023 in Utilities

Greetings,

BitDefender keeps resetting my Windows 10 Power & Sleep Screen Timeout back to 15 minutes after I already had it or keep changing it to a longer setting. This seems to happen if there is some kind of update to BitDefender.

The only solution I know of is to uninstall BitDefender, reinstall and the problem goes away. Someone else mentioned that they write a startup PowerShell ****** using PowerCfg to automatically set this back upon login. So, I might give this a try.

Can you guys please fix this. It's been happening for over a year now and has become extremely annoying. I'm seriously considering not even having the thing installed and using another AV related solution.

Thanks!

Answers

• Ricky Sakty
    edited February 2023

Answer: Disable your profile

Utilities>profile>disable everything

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically", "Work Profile", "Movie Profile", "Game Profile", "Public Wi-Fi Profile" and "Battery Mode Profile".

Regards.

• Hi. I am facing this problem. None of my profiles are enabled. Does anyone have any ideas? Bitdefender wants me to do a very long diagnostics test. I don't have time for that.

Cheers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

@tterb ,

Bitdefender wants me to do a very long diagnostics test. I don't have time for that.

If BD Tech Support is requesting "a very long diagnostics test," then I would interpret that to mean that there is no simple solution to your issue. BD is installed on millions of computers worldwide. If this were a widespread issue, the Forum here, and those elsewhere, would be inundated with complaints. Likely, the unique configuration of your computer is causing the problem, and to resolve your issue, Tech Support needs diagnostic data from your computer.

If you choose not to assist them in helping you, there is not much we can do for you here on this Forum. In my view, you should be grateful for their customer and tech support and provide the requested data if you want a solution to the issue.

Just my two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor